To set up Outlook 97, follow these steps:
- Double-click on the Outlook icon.
- Click Tools.
- Click Services.
- Click Add.
- Select Internet E-Mail from the Add Service to Profile menu.
- Click OK.
- In the Mail Account Properties window, type the second part of your email
address as the mail account name. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the Name field, type your name as you want recipients of your email
to see it.
- Type your email address, for example, email@example.com
- Click the Servers tab.
- Type mail.demopoliscatv.com, in the Incoming Mail Server
- Type smtp.demopoliscatv.com, in the Outgoing Mail
- Select the first Log On Using option.
- Using only lowercase, type your account name by the Log On Using option.
- Type your password exactly as it was given to you (password is case-sensitive)
by the Log On Using option. Your account name is the first part of your email
address, such as username
- Click the Connection tab.
- Select I use a modem to access my email.
- Click OK
- Again, click OK.
- Close Outlook. When you reopen Outlook, you will be able to send and receive
Return to email menu